Sunday, November 18, 2007

I’m not finished with Mercury

Mercury’s placement in the natal chart represents one’s reasoning ability, one’s mind and the way a person expresses their Self.

I’ve been ruminating about this for years. If classes were made up of a particular element, what might that look like? How can breaking down classes by element be beneficial? Is it too one-sided and hard to synthesize with other elements if one gets used to only taking in light from it‘s own kind?

If I have the questions, I am sure the answers are here too. It takes all of the elements to create. So we come together, all of us, sharing our knowledge and talents to create, hopefully, a unified whole.

We all seem to desire similar things; love, housing, food, water, sunshine, good health, a prosperous life on all levels, beauty and music, etc. Bring your Earthy, or Airy, or Fiery, or Watery thinking into the act of creating with all of the other elements. Together we have the opportunity to build Utopia.

I have Mercury in Pisces. It is watery, sensitive to subtle nuances in communication, going into cracks and crevices of a story or lesson. I am accused of being attention deficit disordered. I am not sure of that, but I can see where one might get the impression. When I am feeling confident about who I am, I respond to those accusations that I have A.D.O., Attention in Divine Order.

Having studied what astrology says about what Mercury in Pisces might mean, I am understanding of the way MY mind works. If I didn’t know that, I might be tempted to medicate it. I still am, come to think of it. It’s not that bad, though. I accomplish a lot in a day.

I also have to consider transits to Mercury. Right now, Uranus, the liberator and freedom-loving planet is conjunct my Mercury, the lens, filter and amplifier of my mind‘s projections. There are so many implications of this transit that penning them is more difficult than living them. My thinking is even more diversified and dissected.

Mercury in Pisces, trine Neptune in my natal chart, and conjunct my Pisces ascendant gives me empathic qualities. I feel people’s feelings. My intuition is good. I fear messing with that by taking a drug that claims to help me focus. I don’t want to mess with my mind. Reality is already slippery. I create lists and routines to give me structure. I focus when I need to and on what I want to.

I digress. Mercury on my Ascendant in the first house means to me that it is appropriate for me to tell my stories. I hope they inspire you to learn about your own horoscopic stories.

The bigger picture:
Have a teacher whose Mercury placement is in the same or a compatible element (earth w/water and fire w/air) teach students with like Minds in their classes.

The basic subjects, English/Math/Science/History, could be taught with separations by element,. All other classes would be comprised of a mixture of the elements; social studies, criminology, family services, health, technology, and any other classes that could wind up creating life-giving products or services.

Lofty, I know. My watery Mercury could use some Earthy sense, some Fiery inspiration and Airy reasoning to flesh out this idealistic vision.

I really don’t see any kind of educational reforms like this happening in Louisiana any time in the near future. Maybe somebody in California will read this and run with it. We will surely follow any progress you make.

No comments: